I am available for assignments, with a preference for joining intercultural project teams that seek immediate value and continuous exploration.
It tends to happen in two scenarios:
Parachute in to help creative agencies in a pinch
After two years of dev ops and a decade on the front lines of client services, I have become very good at triage. Project leads and account managers call me in when they can't hear themselves think.
We sit down for work sessions to:
- Turn seemingly-disparate requests into reasonable ideas
- Shape proposals or re-jigger project plans
- Identify gaps in content strategy or IA
- Explore multiple product directions and sketch a cohesive set of features
- Pull together a rough agenda for a workshop
- Give enough direction for project members to run in the right direction
Join a team embarking on an ambitious adventure
I have a broad range of skills, and enjoy going between high level strategy and the details of execution. I usually start in a designer, researcher or facilitator capacity, which morphs into something bigger. That's fun.
I'm a team player that fuels all engines to get things done, thanks to:
- An enormous capacity to seek and synthesize information
- High tolerance for ambiguity (and none for egos and posturing)
- A knack for knowing what method to try
- The ability to read a room
- Good communication hygiene
If that was too meta, here's a more conventional list of capabilities.
I've led too many project teams not to give my full attention and respect to someone else's. Now, no one calls me for the easy projects; the ones with known work or low expectations...!
My availability is limited but I'm always up for a new challenge. Let me know if you have a good one.