I am available for consulting and project work, with a preference for joining intercultural teams that seek immediate value and continuous exploration.
It tends to happen in two scenarios:
Parachute in to help creative agencies in a pinch
After two years of dev ops and a decade on the front lines of client services, I have become very good at triage. Project leads and account managers call me in when they can't hear themselves think.
We sit down for work sessions to:
- Turn seemingly-disparate requests into reasonable ideas
- Shape proposals or re-jigger project plans
- Identify gaps in content strategy or IA
- Explore multiple product directions and sketch a cohesive set of features
- Pull together a rough agenda for a workshop
- Give enough direction for project members to run in the right direction
Join a team embarking on an ambitious adventure
I have a broad range of skills, and enjoy going between high level strategy and the details of execution. I usually start in a designer, researcher or facilitator capacity, which morphs into something bigger. That's fun.
I'm a team player that fuels all engines to get things done, thanks to:
- An enormous capacity to seek and synthesize information
- High tolerance for ambiguity (and none for egos and posturing)
- A knack for knowing what method to try
- The ability to read a room
- Good communication hygiene