Tomomi Sasaki is a project director and partner at the creative agency AQ, combining expert project management skills with five years of experience in UX design and research to deliver digital products and services.
Tomomi like building tools that help people accomplish things in effective and meaningful ways. Past projects include tools that empower people to train for marathons (ASICS), gain skills in digital marketing (Google) and manage HR data (huubHR). Recently, she's brought design research and facilitation skills to help companies like Airbnb, Philips and Toyota Motor Europe.
From Apr 2009 to Mar 2012, Tomomi was Japanese Language Editor for the citizen media initative Global Voices Online, writing to shed insight on cultural and social issues from the Japanese blogosphere.
Tomomi has a background in multi-database research, professional Japanese/English translation skills, and used to be an editor for Japan’s largest art and design information site, Tokyo Art Beat. She currently sits on the Board of Directors for its parent organization, Gadago NPO.
Based in Paris since Sept 2014, she's often on the road but makes sure to spend a few weeks in Tokyo every few months.
- How qualitative research can create powerful stories and drive decisions within organizations / Intrepreneurship Conference 2016 (Paris)
- Thoughts on distributed teams, multilingual collaboration, design sprints, and facilitation / UX Jam (Tokyo)
- How to design, prepare for and facilitate workshops / Self-organized event at Laptop (Paris)
- Content strategy for digital practitioners / SwapSkills #05 (Tokyo)
- Designing the museum coupon app MuPon / MuseumNext 2012 (Barcelona)
- On app onboarding / UXcamp Europe 2012 (Berlin)